Motivational Interviewing is a person centred counselling style for addressing the common problem of ambivalence about change. MI strengthens a person’s own motivation and commitment to change.
This two-day workshop provides an introduction to what MI is and how it works. Participants will:
• Examine how people change and approaches that can trigger change.
• Develop their understanding of the spirit of MI
• Build their knowledge and competence in using basic MI skills
• Learn to recognise and respond to ‘change talk’ and ‘sustain talk’
• Develop skills in consolidating commitment to change